When utilized in an industrial facility a mezzanine or “mezzanine floor” as it is often referred to , is an inexpensive way to add additional manufacturing or storage space without the cost and downtime associated with building renovations. Platforms can be for equipment only, can be designed to accommodate people for service to the machinery, or can be full-fledged work areas in their own right.
All of the mezzanines designed and manufactured by Jantz Canada is a one-of-a-kind solution specific to the customer’s needs, sanitary guidelines, and budgetary concerns. As such, they can easily be made to fit around pre-existing equipment, building columns, etc.
Our experienced fabricators are able to build a fully custom mezzanine design with unique heights, dimensions, railings, railing and more. If you are looking for a small or multi-story mezzanine platform, Jantz Canada mezzanines are the best option for your solution. We are one of the leading manufacturers of all types of mezzanine floors in North America.
When it comes to installation, steel mezzanines are relatively easy to install, especially when compared to the expansion of your facility . Installation can typically be completed in a matter of days or weeks, depending on the size and complexity of the mezzanine.
Once installed, industrial mezzanine floor are easy to maintain with less cost. They require minimal upkeep, and any necessary repairs or maintenance can typically be completed easily and quickly.
We Built Sanitary Mezzanines too
Jantz Canada is the answer when the client desires the structural work in their facility to meet the same stringent sanitary guidelines that our equipment and conveyors are designed to exceed. The resulting structural mezzanines will not only look great but will be designed with ease of cleaning in mind and to have minimal places where bacteria could potentially collect.
Many considerations need to be taken into account when designing a mezzanine floor.
- Load capacity: What is the maximum weight the structure will need to support and is the load concentrated in one or more spots or is it spread out?
- Load type-static or dynamic: Is the load moving or vibrating in some way or is it just storage?
- Wet wash-down or dry product facility: Facilities such as meat, poultry, or seafood, and fresh produce typically wash all of their equipment. As such, any structural work for the mezzanine in these facilities should ideally be made from 100% stainless steel if any sort of cleaning chemicals are to be used. For dry environments, powder-coated steel design offers durability and cost savings.
- Length of free span between columns: Often production facilities wish to use the space below a mezzanine for storage. In this case, minimizing the number of columns is one of the primary goals. The primary disadvantage of this is cost. Since the main support structure will need to be increased in size to compensate for the longer spans, the cost can increase quite dramatically; especially if stainless steel is the prime material.
- Decking material: Can be fiberglass or metal grating, aluminum or stainless steel checker plate. Each can have its own advantages. Stainless steel that seems welded after installation is the best sanitary option.
- Separate or formed kick plate: A less expensive option is a separate kick plate whereas a formed version integral to the decking material will contain any spilled product so if contamination to the level below is a concern the formed version is the best option.
- Type of Handrail Handrails can be as simple as angle iron uprights and runners to fully welded and polished stainless steel tubes. There are many options available each with its own associated advantages and costs.
Mezzanine Floor Canada
Jantz Canada can custom design and deliver mezzanine floors for all your needs.
We begin our mezzanine project with an on-site tour of your facility to get an idea of the space availability, dimensions, and physical characteristics that will be needed for the proper integration of the mezzanine platform in your facility.
We use top-quality structural steel for the building, resulting in a highly durable mezzanine floor.
Our design of the mezzanines relies on a simple nut and bolt, which makes the installation process easier. Our mezzanine platforms are often installed in one to two days.
Jantz Canada Mezzanine Benefits
- On-time delivery
- simple bolt-together construction
- Great quality
- Double your floor space easily
In summary, an industrial mezzanine system is durable, customizable, hygienic, and a cost-effective solution for increasing the storage and working space in your facility. It is highly suitable for a safe and clean work environment and made from strong material that can support heavy loads and withstand the wear and tear of daily use.